- we had a great time
- hubs and I truly have some amazing friends
Food & Drink
- Mad Hatter Tea Party - sausage & apple meat pies (think Sweeny Todd), Parmesan wraps, stuffed mushrooms (for the caterpillar of course), chocolate & caramel apples, hummus, and five different delicious cheeses. Though tea was available, we focused more on a variety of wines for drinks.
- Corpse Bride - Holy Cow Cupcakes did an amazing job with the red velvet "wedding cake" (delicious!) and there was also a Dracula's Kiss signature drink (black cherry vodka with a Coke product and cherries)
- Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - a candy buffet, complete with Willy Wonka candy (and wrappers, thank you RN!) Even the wall was likable as pinwheels had a Sweet Tart center.
- Edward Scissorhands - backyard bbq style, we had beer a plenty including a basic domestic (for easy beer game play) and hubby's home brewed pumpkin ale. He did a fantastic job, it was some great beer that everyone enjoyed (great job hubs!) Small snack items that you would find at a BBQ as well, including chips, pretzels - the easy grab food.
Our guests did a great job dressing in Tim Burton gear. We had Mike TV and Veruca Salt from Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, Lydia (two of them to be more accurate!) and Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands and Peg Bogg (Avon calling!), Helena Bonham Carter and Sweeny Todd and Alice & the Mad Hatter. We also had some other great costumes, including Mario & Luigi, Spiderman, Tink & Peter Pan, a Cheerio and adorable old lady, and a 'parasite host' & broken condom. Creativity and glorious costumes were all around - great job to everyone!
For those who were unable to join us, we did miss you! Here is a photo recap to give you an idea of how the night went (thank you RN & MC for allowing the use of some your photos mixed in with mine!):