There are a few locations in the Seattle area, and we ended up in the Stadium District location, which is right by both Qwest Stadium and Safeco Field. I was so anxious to get inside because their 'Dark o' the Moon' pumpkin stout won a silver medal at GABF. I love pumpkin, so I was dying to try this great beverage.
- Elysian Field Pale Ale - hoppy with a bite
- Dragonstooth Stout - probably the smoothest stout I've ever had. Beyond drinkable, it had great malt flavor and tasted like perfection on a crisp day
- Perseus Porter - a great porter that was rich in chocolate undertones, very smooth
- Immortal IPA- a pale ale golden in color that was lackluster to me, a basic
- Wise ESB - a redish in color extra bitter brew with an intense malt flavor, but was pleasantly creamy
...like my wonderful pastrami sandwich and barley soup. The sandwich was fantastic and more than a mouthfull. The thinly slice meat was full of flavor which mixed well with a vinegar tasting grainy mustard. To bring it all together, gruyere. The cheese was perfect with this sandwich as it was all held together with some toasted bread. The soup was warm and filling with perfectly cooked barley and beef broth flavor. Chunks of tomatoes and celery were the perfect pairing to this fall soup.
For dessert, more beer. I just had to have a glass of the stout since it was so lip smacking delicious. I also got a sampling of the Avatar Jasmine IPA. I absolutely loved it and wished I had sampled it before ordering the stout (though ordering another glass wasn't out of the question.) The flavor of jasmine was so apparent, but I absolutely adored how it complimented the tastes of a IPA. I could absolutely see some people not liking it because of that, but it was such a treat and the first time I've ever had a jasmine in a brew. Delish.
Have you ever tried a jasmine IPA before, and did you like it? What beer (or other beverage) surprised you upon sampling lately?