Roasted Tomato Pasta Dinner

Thursday, May 13, 2010 - 
Nothing beats getting home to the smell of fresh baked bread.  Hubby has been perfecting his bread skills, and last night, I was enveloped in the delicious smell when I got home from my hair appointment.  And really, I applaud hubby.  He's been on this bread kick, and I like it.

NOM!

So what better to compliment this bread with some roasted tomato pasta?  Hubby already had the tomatoes ready for the oven, so he popped them in before I took over as he finished up some things around the house.  To prep them, he tossed cherry tomatoes with extra virgin olive oil, some red wine vinegar and salt & pepper.  The oven did the rest.

Just enough so they pop and produce yum liquid


I boiled some pasta while the tomatoes were roasting.  Hubs and I can't agree on pasta - I like the whole wheat, he doesn't.  So, we normally compromise and mix it up.We've lucked out with the type of pasta lately (both were from a gift basket we got at Christmas,) so they actually cook well together.

Compromise is pretty

After all is said and done, I tossed the tomatoes & their juice with the pasta.  Then, I added some basil that I chopped up, along with dried red peppers, garlic powder (but roasting garlic with the tomatoes would have been a good idea) and few other herbs. 


And to make it creamy, I added goat cheese to the top.  Delish. Really simple, and yes, lots of carbs, but sometimes you've got to do that.  Lots of different ways to jazz it up, but simple rustic is always good with me.


Now, if only we had a bottle of red wine in the house.  I'm not sure how we missed that one...but I am happy to report that we had enough for leftovers, which definitely made me happy today!