A Party for the Media

Friday, February 3, 2012 - 
My first volunteer event was the Media Party at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. After fans enjoyed the Media Day at Lucas Oil Stadium, the media had the opportunity to network, relax, and enjoy an evening at the Speedway.

I had the opportunity to volunteer at the event. I spent the first hour protecting two trophies. You may know them - the Lombardi and the Borg Warner. Yup, the Super Bowl and the Indy 500 trophies. No biggie.

But after the quick protective stance I had been keeping, I received my assigned responsibility. My assigned volunteer job: model hostess. I walked around with these models who had great hats, designed by a local Indianapolis company, that represented the city. The women were all beautiful and friendly - we had a great time throughout the evening!



National media from all over were in attendance, as well as local media. Everyone seemed to have a great time at the event. It was a great evening - MB did a great job on the event - and I had a great time meeting the New Orleans host committee for next years big game. And this is only the beginning...