Happy 4th Anniversary Hoosier Beer Geek!

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 
Hubs and I made our way to Sun King Brewing on Saturday evening to celebrate Hoosier Beer Geek's 4th anniversary.  We had previously attended HBG's bacon beer breakfast and were blown away with the friendly people, great beer and fantastic food.  So we knew that we would have a great time at the HBG4 event.
There were over 30 beers available, both by draft and bottle, at the event.  We were given our glass and started trying some of the brews while socializing with friends.  These included:


There were many more for sure.  Maybe my anticipation of fall and my favorite flavors were influencing me that evening, because I kept going back for Schlafly's Pumpkin Ale and New Albanian's Jenever.   The spiced flavors of the pumpkin ale were mouthwatering and the smell was intoxicating.  As for the Jenever, a juniper rye, was so smooth with the right amount of spice - I kept going back for more!  Another fave - Liz's (Rock Bottom - College Park) pilsner.  I couldn't help smile at the nod to the PBR taste.  Great job Liz!

Among all of the great beer tastes, there was also some fantastic food. Tamales from The Tamale Place were in abundance - featuring 8 or so different options to choose from.  I had this goal to try them all, but only made it to two (it was quite an ambitious goal - these tamales were huge!)  I devoured the spicy chicken in green sauce and then took a few bites from the hot & spicy pork.  I had really wanted to try the black bean & cheese, but just couldn't handle anymore.  Especially after eating the amazing guacamole and crisp chips that were also available.  That quac was reamy in taste and had the right level of cilantro and jalapeno flair.  I can't wait to get back to The Tamale Place (located on Rockville Rd - they cater too!)
It was a great evening with some fantastic brews, local food and new friends.  As always, Sun King Brewing was a fantastic host (see you on Thursday, we are in need of a kegerator fill!) and the Hoosier Beer Geek's delivered a memorable event.  Cheers - we look forward to celebrating the big 5 next year!